Grants and Scholarships
ReGIG awards grants to support competitive research and innovation projects, provides research-supportive environments, and offer scholarships to students and faculty members to pursue further education and/or undergo training. The grant and scholarship programs are responsive to the socioeconomic challenges of the country and diverse needs of the research community in Ghana. The funding schemes under the grant and scholarship program include:
- Early Career Researcher Grant Scheme (ECR-GS)
- Women in Research and Science Scheme (WRSS):
- General Research Fund (GRF)
- Public Policy Research Fund (PPRF)
- Science, Technology and Innovation Fund (STIF)
- Faculty Development Fund (FDF)
- Postgraduate Student Research Grant Scheme (PSRFS)
Knowledge and Technology
ReGIG promotes research, technology, and innovation uptake by using evidence-based strategies. Through this initiative, ReGIG is committed to bridging the gap between the research, innovation and business communities, government, and other users of research findings. Knowledge and technology transfer initiatives undertaken by ReGIG include.
- Research and Innovation dissemination ReGIG disseminates as widely as possible research and innovation in Ghana and beyond. This is accomplished using several media, including knowledge and technology transfer newsletter, research bulletins and brochure, social media platforms (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter), workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Innovation Management ReGIG works closely with the business community and relevant government agencies to promote the commercialization of research and innovation.
- Venture Services ReGIG assists research and innovation-based startup projects with a range of services such as identifying investors or venture capitalists, helping with business plan development, training, capacity building, and funding.
- Contract Research ReGIG promotes and manages research and innovation agreements between the research and innovation community, businesses, and public sector.
Research and Innovation Excellence Awards
ReGIG promotes excellence in research and innovation by recognizing and awarding researchers, innovators, and institutions conducting research and/supporting research and innovation landscape in Ghana.
Research, Public Policy and Community Engagement
ReGIG provides research and consultancy services, undertake community and stakeholder engagement as well as promote the development and implementation of public policy. Some services provided under this program are;
- Training and capacity building
- Research and innovation consultancy
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Workshops, Seminars, and Conferences