The Research and Grant Institute of Ghana (ReGIG) was founded in 2017 as an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization to promote research and innovation in Ghana. ReGIG was founded in response to the near-neglect and inadequate support for research and innovation in Ghana. Since its establishment, ReGIG has been partnering with national, regional, and international institutions, organizations, and agencies to stimulate, facilitate, demand, and celebrate the highest standard of excellence in research and innovation in Ghana.
- Reposition the universities and related institutions as research and innovation hubs.
- Facilitate knowledge and technology transfer between stakeholders in the innovation and research landscape.
- Serve as a major advisory institute on research, innovation, public policy, and development.
- Celebrate excellence in research and innovation
- Provide research and consultancy services
- Enhance the research and innovation capacity of the research community.