Full Time Employment Opportunity
The Research and Grant Institute of Ghana (ReGIG) is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to and supporting the generation, dissemination, and utilization of research to achieve sustainable development as well as contribute to global scientific discourse. Since its establishment in 2017, REGIG has undertaken some major activities, including the Research Capacity Enhancement Program (ReCEP). ReCEP is designed to complement the efforts of the universities and research training institutions in Ghana to produce the human resources with the requisite expertise to support the developmental agenda of the country through research and innovation.
The dynamic nature of research and the sophistication of the research process due to the advancement of artificial intelligence and related technologies, the emergence of new and complementary methodologies, and the increasing adoption of a multidisciplinary approach to research provide the impetus continuous education and capacity building in research in Ghana. Hence, a principal aim of the ReCEP is to keep the research community in Ghana abreast and updated with the knowledge, skills, and competencies associated with contemporary and emerging methodologies in research, innovation, and development. Several modules have been undertaken under the ReCEP, including mixed-method design, systematic literature review, Multivariate data analysis, and Research process and proposal. ReGIG is committed to expanding the operations of ReCEP.
ReGIG is looking for a dynamic, energetic, purposeful, goal-oriented person and a team player to join its management team.
Position: Program Manager for Research Capacity Enhancement Program (ReCEP)
Reporting to: Executive Director
- Develop, update, and maintain a database of the research, innovation, and development needs of the research community in Ghana.
- Develop, update, and maintain a database of researchers and innovators with unique and exceptional skills, competencies, and knowledge as facilitators of the ReCEP.
- Develop, update, and maintain a database of local and international organizations with expertise in building research capacity as partners for the ReCEP.
- Develop, update, and maintain a database of local and international organizations providing funding for research capacity development and related initiatives.
- Develop and share with the research community training schedules and timetables for the year.
- Lead the organization of workshops, seminars, and conferences to build the capacity of the research community in Ghana and beyond.
- Produce training specific reports as well as annual reports for the ReCEP.
- Monitor and evaluate the training program and produce training-specific reports to inform future learning.
- Performing other relevant duties when needed.
- A good first degree or master’s degree in business administration, social sciences, health sciences, pure/basic sciences or related fields.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in research and development, including contemporary and emerging research methodologies.
- Ability to lead project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Target driven, result-oriented and self-motivation for success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Self-motivated, trustworthy, and able to handle confidential information.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and work with little supervision.
- Attention to detail, very critical, analytical and with an attitude to challenge status quo constructively.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve set targets.
- Good marketing skills, including digital marketing.
A negotiable, attractive remuneration package with additional benefits such as allowances, depending on experience and qualifications.
Our office is located at Agbawe Avenue, Adenta. Applicants residing around the environs of the office are particularly encouraged to apply.
Mode of application
Interested applicants should send their CVs and cover letters as one PDF document to email@example.com no later than July 30, 2023 at 11:59PM. The cover letter should indicate applicant’s vision for the position. For more information about ReGIG, visit www.regig.org.